Chris, Christine and the team would like to welcome you to the Daniel Thwaites’s Black Bull situated on the outskirts of Bury, close to Ainsworth Village.
We believe in the traditional English Pub offering a warm and hospitable atmosphere, where you can meet up with family and friends, have a good chat and enjoy great service, Award winning ales and fantastic home-cooked English food from our friendly staff.
We re-opened to the public on 23rd March 2011, following an extensive refurbishment, and the pub has achieved an enviable reputation for great food & beer ever since.
This has been recognised by the fact that we have won several awards, including
- Finalist of Thwaites Best Pint 2014
- Winners of Thwaites Best Pint 2013
- Winners of the Great British Pub Awards Best Partnership Pub in the North West 2013
- Good Beer Guide
- Winners of Thwaites Pub of the Year 2012
- Winners of Thwaites Best Turnaround Pub 2012
- Winners of The Great British Pub Awards Best Cellar in the North West 2012
- Finalists of Thwaites Best Customer Service 2012
You can also check out our reviews on Tripadvisor under "restaurants in Bury"
You can find our current menu on the Food Page, and check out the latest news on the News and Landlords Pages.
Our motto is quite simple:
"Real Ales, Real Food, Real Pub"
We look forward to seeing you soon
Chris & Christine
Our Waitress Chelsea with some of our Awards