Chris, Christine and the team would like to welcome you to the Daniel Thwaites’s Black Bull situated on the outskirts of Bury, close to Ainsworth Village.
We believe in the traditional English Pub offering a warm and hospitable atmosphere, where you can meet up with family and friends, have a good chat and enjoy great service, Award winning ales and fantastic home-cooked English food from our friendly staff.
Since taking over the pub in 2011, we have achieved an enviable reputation for great food, service & beer.
This has been recognised by the fact that we have won several awards, including
- Runner-up of Thwaites Best Pint 2014 & 2015
- Winners of Thwaites Best Pint 2013
- Winners of the Great British Pub Awards Best Partnership Pub in the North West 2013
- Good Beer Guide
- Cask Marque
- Winners of Thwaites Pub of the Year 2012
- Winners of The Great British Pub Awards Best Cellar in the North West 2012
- Runner-up of Thwaites Best Customer Service 2012, 2013 & 2015
- Runner-up of Thwaites Best Pub Fayre 2015
You can also check out our reviews on the Customer Feedback Page.
Our motto is quite simple:
"Real Ales, Real Food, Real Pub"
We look forward to seeing you soon
Chris & Christine
Our Waitress Chelsea with some of our Awards